Elasticms's system requirements
This guide covers detailed system requirements for an elasticms 1.9 installation.
Every decently recent version of MariaDB, mysql or Postgres are natively supported. You may also use a serverless configuration, using sqlite. Caution that the serverless config is not sustaineble in case of too many concurrent authors/users.
It's really the heart of the elasticms architecture. Until now elasticms supports elasticsearch versions from 2 to 6. A good choice for a new project is using elasticsearch 6.4.3. Remember that you need a cluster, more than one serveur. Otherwise your data won't be replecated.
You need to have java Java SE Development Kit 8u131 installed (which you can download here https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-javase8-2177648.html)
For Windows, set the environment variable JAVA_HOME to the path eg C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_131\
elasticms works on web servers with PHP 7.1.3 or greater.
Here is the list of required PHP extensions. See the composer.json for more information:
- GD: to generate images
- LDAP: for ldap support (not mandatory)
- iconv: to convert the char set of strings (i.e. to generate url friendly string)
- JSON: to parse and unparse JSON messages
- MySQLi, PostgreSQL, SQLite3 or any other RDBMS PHP driver supported by Doctrine
- cURL: to do HTTP rest calls to elasticsearch but not only
- OpenSSL: to sign documents